The Ebb & Flood produces much bigger harvests than plants grown in traditional pots, but is as simple to use and is more versatile.
The timer triggers the pump to ‘flood’ the bottom of the growing medium and gravity pulls excess solution back into the tank along with fresh air, ensuring the medium is regularly flushed with nutrients and air resulting in a highly oxygenated root zone and huge yields.
The Flood: A timer controls how often nutrient solution is pumped up from the tank to flood the growing medium. During floods, the plants take the water and nutrients they need and stale air is pushed out of the root zone .
The Ebb: Once the growing medium is flooded to two thirds the solution drains ( ebbs) back into the tank, pulling fresh oxygen down directly to the roots.
Advantages of the Ebb & Flood System
- Bigger Yields - the 'little and often' feeding schedule, combined with the highly oxygenated root zone, means a healthier plant and larger yields.
- Match Feed Frequency To The Needs Of The Plant - Provide the perfect conditions for a plant throughout its lifecycle by altering the frequency and duration of feeds. So that nutrient uptake is optimised and yields are maximised.
- Versatile - Either grow in individual pots in clay, coco, rockwool or soil, so you can move plants around under lights as and when required, or fill the planter with clay pebbles – so that it becomes a large pot perfect for specimen plants.
- Space Efficient: Ebb and Flood Systems are shallow to maximise headroom.
- Reliable – Built to last for decades with high performance fittings and top quality pumps have unrivalled reliability.
Video About Ebb & Flood Systems By The Manufacturer: