Canna Hydro Vega A + B is available in 1 litre, 5 litres and 10 litres, and a choice of hard or soft water.
FROM THE MANUFACTURER:
CANNA Hydro is the best nutrition for growing on inert substrates such as rock wool. It is used especially on ‘run-to-waste’ systems; these are systems where the drain water is drained off or so called open-hydroponics systems.
If you grow on a run-to-waste system, you need a plant nutrient that exactly suits the needs of this special growing method. The substrates used in run-to-waste are mostly inert (which means they don't add or take nutrient elements from the nutrient solution). So all the nutrients have to be in the nutrient solution. An excess of nutritional elements can lead to plant damage but they will also end up in the environment. Canna Hydro has a balanced quantity of all nutritional elements needed by plants.
- With Canna Hydro you can grow with precision. Growers have an optimum control over what their plants are offered. It does require more know-how than growing in soil for example, but higher yields can be achieved due to the fact that the nutrition absorption can be better arranged. Like this, immediate adjustments can also be made when something is about to go wrong.
- There are no damaging ballast substances in Hydro nutrition because this will have an immediate negative influence on the plant’s development.
- Canna Hydro comes in a hard and soft water version. In order to make the nutrient supply as accurate and complete as possible, this distinction must be made. Among other things, water quality has an effect on the availability and the supply of nutrients. For example, there are more nutrients dissolved in hard water compared to soft water (e.g. magnesium and calcium) and more acid is needed to set the pH. This in turn influences the availability of the other nutrient elements.
Hard and soft water versions
Not only should a nutrient be specially designed for run-to-waste systems, but it should also match your type of tap water. That’s why Canna developed a hard and soft water version of the Hydro nutrient line. This ensures the exact amount of nutrients will be delivered to the plants root system and as little as possible nutrients will end up in the drain water; healthy for the consumer and great for the environment.
Why A&B nutrients?
Both Canna Hydro nutrients ( Canna Hydro Vega for the growing phase, Canna Hydro Flores for the blooming phase) consist of two parts, an A part and a B part. We separate these parts for a reason. As it happens, if some of the elements in part A and B are thrown together at the same time, they clog together. That's why you should first add the A component and then the B component.
Canna Hydro Vega is a complete professional nutrient for the growing phase of plants. It is specially developed for growing in inert run-to-waste systems. In the beginning of the growing phase, the plant lays the foundation for its eventual yield.
Advantages of Canna Hydro Vega
- Canna Hydro Vega promotes a healthy and powerful growth, which is vital for side shoots and a luxuriant root development.
- Hydro Vega is applied to all types of inert substrates.
- A complete absorption of nutrients and water is guaranteed from the beginning of the cultivation because Hydro Vega is rich in directly absorbable nitrogen compounds, high quality Eddha iron chelate and trace elements.
DIRECTIONS OF USE:
- Shake bottle well before use
- Fill nutrient reservoir with water
- Add Canna Hydro Vega to the nutrient reservoir with the dilution ratio 1 : 250 (400 ml A and 400 ml B per 100 L of water). Add Hydro Vega A to the nutrient reservoir. Stir well, then add Hydro Vega B. Again, stir well and let mixture stand for some hours.
- The EC of Hydro Vega dissolved in (tap) water varies between 1.5 - 2.4 mS/cm2 (= the solution EC + the water EC)
- Recommended pH: 5.2 - 6.2
- When growing intensively drip feed the plants 1 - 3 times a day with this nutrient and make sure the drain will be between 10% and 20% and/or flush with water every 1 - 2 weeks.
Storage, health & safety and other directions
- Canna developed Hydro Vega specially for the vegetative phase of the plant
- Do not mix A & B concentrate directly; Insoluble combinations will occur which the plant cannot absorb